Skip to content

Are Natural Vitamins really Natural ?

This is what we found out !
When a vitamin is marked “natural”, it only has to include 10% of actual natural plant-derived ingredients. The other 90% could be synthetic.

Centrum is strictly synthetic

Synthetic vitamins can have the same chemical constituents, but still have a different shape (optical activity).The nutrients of these vitamins are manufactured in a lab and are different than the same nutrients found in nature.

This is important because some of the enzymes in the human body only work properly with a vitamin of the correct shape. When we give the body concentrated forms of synthetic nutrients, it doesn’t always appear to have an appropriate delivery system.

Nature Made said Vitamin B-1 is manufactured in a laboratory from chemicals. It is synthetically made in our manufacturing facilities in Southern California.”

GNC – purchases vitamins, herbs, minerals, and other dietary ingredients from domestic suppliers as well as suppliers in many other countries from around the world. This will vary by ingredient.Therefore a mish mosh of items.

Starting materials for strictly synthetic supplements can be anything from coal tar to petroleum to acetylene gas. These supplements are made in facilities via chemical manipulations with the goal of duplicating the structure of the isolated vitamin. Specific formulas for the process aren’t made available to the public.

There are over Three thousand vitamin supplements on the shelves. Here you have 5 Companies that manufacture these synthetic vitamin supplements.

  • Arnet Pharmaceuticals Corporation – Davie, FL
  • Botanical Laboratories, Incorporated – Ferndale, WA
  • Contract Pharmacal Corporation – Hauppauge, NY
  • Leiner Health Products Incorporated – Carson, CA
  • Perrigo Company – Allegan, MI

Check out this link to read more

Translate »